29 Aug עופר איתן Declares: How to Promote Your SaaS Startup
The Software As A Service (SaaS) market has grown at a rapid pace in the past few years. This quick growth is expected to continue in the future, with some analysts suggesting the SaaS market size will be worth over USD $300 billion by 2026.
The growth of the sector has been accompanied by increased competition. There are thousands of new companies entering the market, releasing high-quality software services that often exceed consumer expectations.
The increased level of competition in the sector means SaaS startups need to be more proactive in terms of marketing their business. To help you stand out from the crowd, here are some of the best ways to promote your SaaS startup.
Develop A Strong Social Media Presence
Social media is one of the best ways to promote products and services online. Platforms like Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram make it simple to share the details of your SaaS products, interact with prospective customers, promote special offers, provide customer service, and much more. Here are a few tips for building a strong social media presence:
- Identify your target audience and create a presence on the platforms they use
- Apply SEO techniques to your social media profiles
- Communicate in a friendly and natural way (avoid jargon and sales pitches)
- Focus on building real relationships with social media users (instead of followers)
- Post updates regularly using an editorial calendar
- Focus on helping other people instead of promoting your product
- Publish high-quality content that offers value (more on content marketing shortly)
- Use engaging forms of media including images, infographics and videos
- Participate in trending topics that are relevant to your SaaS
- Cross-promote your social media profiles with real-world marketing materials and website
Try Email Marketing
Email marketing allows businesses to send targeted and personalized content directly to consumers. It is a great way to build credibility, improve brand recognition, create consumer excitement, increase website traffic, and boost sales.
Email marketing can also strengthen your relationship with existing customers. You can use email to share useful content, inform them of improvements to your products, and promote new product launches. It’s particularly useful for sharing referral codes with loyal customers, which can drive sales. Here are a few tips for creating an effective email marketing campaign:
- Continually build your subscriber list – Email marketing only works if you have an ever-growing list of email recipients. Grow this list by promoting it on your website and marketing materials. Offer special discounts or extended trial periods for people who subscribe.
- Personalize each email as much as possible – Create unique emails based on demographics including location, consumer type, budget, and so on. You can also send customized emails based upon where the prospect is within the sales pipeline, with unique emails for users who have just signed up, completed a trial period, or made a purchase.
- Focus on providing value and skip the pointless sales emails – Once again, your focus should be on providing value to your audience. It’s much better to send an article with useful tips that help the reader rather than a sales pitch full of marketing jargon.
- Segment your audience – You will need to segment your audience so you can send each group personalized content that prompts them to take action.
- A/B test – The best way to assess the effectiveness of your emails is to A/B test, which involves sending different emails to a single segment. A/B testing can be used to assess everything from the design of the email template through to email headings and content types. Use email marketing software to assess which version of an email gets the most opens, reads, and click-throughs.
- Make your emails attractive and easy to read – Use an attractive email template that looks modern and professional. Choose a font and text layout that is easy to read.
- Include links to useful resources and a call to action – Share links to additional content that your readers will find beneficial and include several calls to action throughout the email. Each call to action should redirect to a landing page that has been optimized for the specific type of prospect. For example, if the email is sent to a business owner, the landing page should show what your SaaS product can do for business owners.
- Don’t send too many emails – The effectiveness of email marketing prompts many SaaS providers to send several emails a week. However, this can backfire, as subscribers may feel inundated. One or two well-made emails per week is all you need.
Content marketing involves creating and distributing high-quality content to attract and retain an audience. It can be used to generate sales, promote your brand, boost your online presence, help customers learn how to use your software, and establish a reputation as an authority within your chosen market.
Content marketing works particularly well in conjunction with social media marketing and email marketing. You can use these channels to send valuable content directly to consumers, which they can share with others. Content marketing is also a wonderful way to improve the SEO of your website or blog.
Here are a few simple tips for using content marketing to promote your SaaS startup:
- Focus on creating content that provides value to the consumer. Answer their questions, provide them with useful tips, and teach them how to make the most of your software
- Use several types of content, including articles, white papers, infographics, images, videos, podcasts, slideshows, eBooks, case studies, customer interviews, and so on.
- Only publish the “best of the best” content
- Write compelling headlines
- Publish new content regularly
- Focus on authenticity and honesty
- Use analytics to track the success of your content
- Repurpose content when possible. For example, if you wrote a fantastic article, consider…