29 Mar AiroAV Declares: Key SEO experiments to rank faster, Marketing & Advertising…
Over the past few years, marketers have witnessed a lot of changes in the SEO industry and Google algorithms. A set action plan which seemed to have worked some time ago is no longer relevant today. So, is SEO giving the ROI your business requires? Do you think dedicating time and effort to your SEO is paying off? It’s hard to determine which strategy and tactics one must stick to, as Google makes over 3000 algorithm changes per year, keeping the marketers on their toes.
You would have heard this at least a million times that SEO takes time and it is harder to rank amidst the top 10 searches.
Why are certain websites ranking higher than yours and what you must do to better your competitors’ ranking?
The answer is simple.
Keeping up with changes.
Much like how the human body responds to external stimuli, marketers too should respond to constant updates that the Big G is making. You can no longer wait for results; use techniques that are going to fetch you quicker results, change your approach towards SEO. The ranking shouldn’t be your only focus, it’s all about getting the right kind of traffic.
Testing and experimenting are key to SEO, if you are not doing this constantly, you are likely to be one step behind competition. Use a mix of unorthodox and orthodox methods to generate traffic and improve your search engine ranking.
- A/B-Test your headlines – Come up with different types of headlines and compare them with one another. User metrics is one of the key aspects that Google looks at. There are 1000’s of searches out there and Google will rank the topic which is more relevant than the other searches that have more traffic. Add a lot of questions in your titles. Questions tend to evoke curiosity among the audience resulting in higher CTR.
- Creating separate headlines for SEO – If you are wondering why this is important, then think again. A lot of people make this mistake creating the same headlines for social media and SEO. Terms and headlines that work for social media don’t necessarily work for SEO. Consider the intent and the landscape before starting on your titles.
- Load HTML files from CDN – We are aware of the fact that site load speed is one of the key factors to rank higher on Google. If your site speed is slow, your site tends to have more bounce rates which hurts ranking. Even with a server upgrade, you might not get the desired result. This is where CDN (Content Delivery Network) comes into play. It greatly helps speed up website load times. By using CDN to host your HTML files, you can distribute information to people visiting your website from all around the globe at a much faster rate.
- Shift focus to video content – Video-based content is slowly gaining importance of late, as can be evidenced by the rise of Social Media platforms. People prefer video-based content to text-based content. Google is increasingly focusing its attention on trying to rank video, as is the case with podcasts. Though text-based content is still generating more traffic, video-based content has the potential to overshadow it soon. Focus more on video content, a tactic which surely is worth the effort, especially when you need quick results.
- Maximize local Content – Local content is the easiest way to rank quickly on Google as it is less competitive. Perform an SEO audit – analyze which region gets you maximum traffic and try to push content in the local language to that specific region. With rankings in English getting competitive by the day, exploring this option is a smart strategy to increase your traffic.
- Focus on updating old content – Here’s a simple trick to boost your traffic without spending any money. Just updating your old content. Freshen it up, add recent data and ensure no links are dead. Transform that 2019 roundup into a spanky new 2020 version. The result can do wonders in a very short time period. By simply improving user experience, you can help your rankings skyrocket quickly.
SEO is a complicated topic – it requires a lot of thought process, research, mindfulness and a whole lot of grinding to succeed. 2020 is all about experimenting. By setting up a smart SEO team and implementing these smart techniques, you too can boost your rankings.
-The author is the CEO of Neil Patel Digital India. Views expressed are personal.