19 Feb AiroAV Malware Suggest: Etsy Invites Sellers to Become Etsy U Instructors
Etsy is taking a page out of eBay’s (old) playbook by launching a new education specialist program called Etsy U.
“Etsy is teaming up with experienced sellers and community leaders to bring you the latest information and resources to take your business to the next level.
“Etsy U instructors will host events throughout the year on a variety of topics – keep an eye out for event info starting in March to see if there’s an event that’s right for you.”
Some sellers said the overall announcement was too vague. One section had some sellers confused: “You choose whether the workshop is hosted online or in-person, and whether or not you want to charge for your workshop.” In a discussion about the program, one seller said they didn’t see the value in “working for Etsy for free.”
However, Etsy states on the information portal that instructors will receive “exclusive content and updates” and will also receive additional “special perks,” including shop optimization coaching.
The following excerpt explains “what to expect as an instructor”:
The program will kick off in March and conclude on December 31, 2020. We will offer free, exclusive Etsy training courses for instructors and they will have the opportunity to educate other sellers by leading workshops throughout the year.
As an Etsy U instructor, you will complete exclusive online training sessions on topics related to optimizing your Etsy shop like search engine optimization (SEO), social media, photography, and branding. You will also host 3 workshops for Etsy sellers:
– You choose a topic for your Etsy workshop that works for you and your community
– You choose whether the workshop is hosted online or in-person, and whether or not you want to charge for your workshop
– Etsy will provide you with all presentation materials
You will also:
– Receive a direct line to dedicated Etsy admin that will support you throughout the program
– Receive an invitation to a private Instructor-focused Team in the Community Space where Etsy will share exclusive content and updates
– Receive additional special perks, including shop optimization coaching from Etsy admin, listing credits, Etsy Ads credits and Etsy U swag
Etsy also listed the following criteria necessary to participate in Etsy U:
– Sellers must own and operate an active Etsy shop for a minimum of 2 years.
– Sellers acknowledge and agree that participation in the program does not guarantee increased future sales or shop performance.
– Sellers must have a passion for community and sharing knowledge with others.
– Sellers must be in good standing with Etsy, as determined by Etsy, in its sole discretion, and be in compliance with Etsy’s House Rules at all times.
– Sellers must comply with all applicable laws and rules in their country/jurisdiction related to conducting the workshops and/or training sessions.
The application reveals some of the requirements of the program, where sellers must answer questions, including the following:
– As an Etsy U instructor, you will be asked to take one online training per month that will need to be completed within 30 days. Are you able to commit to this cadence
– As an Etsy U instructor, you will be asked to host three workshops based on the trainings you complete. Are you able to commit to hosting three educational events (online or in person)? We’ll set you up for success. *
What do you think of the program, and is there the same kind of demand to learn how to sell on Etsy as there was in the 2000’s from people who wanted to learn how to sell on eBay?